Add images to vendor listing from external link without saving to media library

How can I approach allowing vendors to add images to their listing using image links that don’t save to the media library? I was thinking about disabling the “Select Images” button rather than editing it.

In this scenario, the user will instead be given several text fields that allow for direct links to the image, and after saving changes the images are shown based on the provided links. So, how can this be done/ approached?

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such feature, it will require a custom implementation, but you can use listing attributes as a workaround, please check this doc: How to add listing attributes - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Yes, thank you, it is helpful. I was thinking a custom implementation that combines the Embed field type and the upload image button. So instead of the block of an Embed image appearing underneath the name of the listing, it will be in place of where the uploaded image is. I can also save the disk space this way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.