Add placeholder to review if no user image

Hi!

I noticed when a user adds a review and if the user has no profile image there is no image visible at all. I would prefer if there was a placeholder profile image at least.

Is there a quick snippet to add that? If not, this is a feature request.

Thank you

I just noticed there is basically no image at all, even though there is a code

added? Is something wrong on my site or why is there no image visible?

Thank you

My site has basically the same issue stated here:

https://community.hivepress.io/t/users-image-not-display-in-reviews/698

I believe this is an issue because I’m not using a HivePress theme and there might be a conflict with my theme.

Is there a way to overwrite the hivepress plugins review-image.php file?

I added the same folders as the plugin hivepress-reviews has with the same path like this:
hivepress-reviews/templates/review/view/review-image.php

However, it doesn’t let me overwrite the review-image.php file. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Hi,

Please ensure that no custom CSS may cause this issue ( Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section). Please send a link to your site if it persists, and I’ll check it.

Thank you Andrii, but there is nothing added inside ( Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section).

This is my website v2.quatoro.de

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Hi again.

I found the issue. I disabled avatars inside the WordPress settings. It’s not allowed to load Gravatar avatars in EU without permission because of GDPR. That’s why I disabled it.

Why does it also disable the review images but all other images (vendor image, etc.) are shown? Why are Gravatar avatars necessary for the image to show up on the reviews?

Is there a way to implement the user image without the use of Gravatar?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Please check if there are any other static avatar options in the WordPress settings, Gravatar probably also disables all the HivePress functions that override the default gravatars with a custom image uploaded by user.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.