Add real-time features to messages

Hello.
It would be great if you add ajax to the messages.
Now, after sending a message, an informational message appears about the successful sending, it would be better if the sent message itself is displayed in the chat.
Also, updating chat messages via ajax or sockets.
The ability to send a personal offer (order) to the buyer in the chat itself, so as not to return to requests for this.

Do you have any of these in your plans?

Great suggestions and UX improvements. I think request in chat was mentioned before

5 Likes

Thanks, yes, we plan to make Messages more chat-like using AJAX, we’ll also check other technologies like web sockets.

4 Likes

Is there any update on the chat feature?

4 Likes

I too am curious about any news on this

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not available yet but we’ll try to add real-time features as soon as possible (the feature that re-renders the messages area is already implemented in HivePress core, only the Messages update is required).

7 Likes

I need this also. so the messages will be like real-time chat.

7 Likes

Hi Team,

Any updates on this feature? We also need this quite urgently.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist :raised_hands:

Many thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Same here we’re waiting for the real time features.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, we’re scaling our team so the development slowed down (launching Showcase and the Experts program while looking for more WordPress developers), but this will change soon. We’ll release these updates as soon as it’s possible.

3 Likes

Any updates on this?

1 Like

Sorry, these features are not released yet, once we release them the update will appear automatically in the WordPress/Updates section.

3 Likes

Any update regarding this feature?

3 Likes

Unfortunate this feature is not available yet, if you have Messages installed, you’ll receive the update as soon as it’s released.

It’s definitely coming? Any update when we can expect this? Would be one of the most important updates in my opinion

2 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Andrij, Im developer of Better Messages plugin and just finished integration with HivePress if anyone interested, it allows realtime chat with AJAX or WebSocket.

Here is quick look into it:

10 Likes

Wow that looks awesome!

@andrij the plugin looks great!

But when I go to Integrations-> other plugins and then pick hivepress, I get the following message

When I click on ‘installing chat page’ it just refreshes and brings me back to ‘General’
What do I have to do there?

Thanks in advance!

@xhem you need to select page where Messages will be located - Better Messages Location option.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like