Adding asterisk after all "required" attributes in the add listings form

How do I add an asterisk (preferably in Red colour) after the attributes I have set as being required in the “add listing” form?

The goal is to indicate that the field is required and not have the user submit the listing and then be notified of the fields left blank…

Also, the placeholder text for selectable attributes in my add listings form seems darker in appearance than the one for my text input attributes. How do I make them all look like the text input placeholders? Here is a pic:

Another thing, I want to change the placeholder text “Keyword” in the home page search bar to “Search”. How do I do that?

1,2 ) Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet - this requires advanced customizations.

If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fwd.cx/hLhc73mQCD9R

3 ) Please use Loco Translate to change any static text without code customizations How to translate HivePress - HivePress Help Center The texts are located in Loco Translate/Plugins/HivePress, or other sections depending on context. Make sure to select the Custom location instead of Author while adding a language file.

How does this translation plugin work? Does It substitute “Sample Translation” everywhere on the website in place of the “Search” string in the video example? Does it do so even in sentences which might include “Search”?

While developing the themes/plugins, we wrap all the static texts in the code with the translation function. Then Loco Translate can “filter” this function to replace any texts so you don’t have to edit the code directly this way.
If the text is the same in different places then yes, it will be changed everywhere it appears, but some texts have extra context, e.g. for the “Search” text there may be “noun” and “verb” context because these are different in some languages.
Also, it’s possible to change some texts using custom code snippets, e.g. if you want to change it in 1 place exactly without affecting other occurrences of this text.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.