Calendar sync not working

Hello Team,
Calendar sync not working.

We have more than 40 accommodations and none of them sync correctly. Our hosts use airbnb, booking.com, FeWo or Smoobu + our page.

• Airbnb does not accept the iCal link from our site (screenshot) or deliver sometimes Airbnb does not accept the iCal link from our website, sometimes accepts…
  • booking.com does not deliver all bookings, but only a part of them, so we have to check and add each booking manually, Airbnb too - only days booked directly with airbnb are imported and not all…

-smoobu has a message that our site is blocking all available data - gaps between bookings! Before the synchronization, our calendar was empty and the calendar at smoobu was half full. Now all data is blocked!
https://south-crete.net/tourism/wp-admin/post.php?post=2530&action=edit

-when we make a test booking on our site - this booking is not synchronized with other platforms.

What we tried: Disabled 3rd party plugins - didn’t help.

Please tell us why is this happening, we urgently need a solution… We sent you Temporary login via email.

37c7c985-8357-494e-98e8-b64fe0770c97

Ok, smoobu: Only periods below the minimum booking duration are blocked, as if the HivePress plugin wants to handle them, which makes no sense with blocking.
The host was shocked at first and removed our iCal link from smoobu.

Hi,

Please send us more details on how this synchronization process works for you. For example, maybe you have Airbnb as the main platform where data from other platforms comes, and then you use an ICS link to import the listings to the site where HivePress is installed.

Also, the temporary access link you sent us by e-mail is not working for some reason; please send us a new link.

…Sorry, I’ve emailed you a new temporary link.

More details:
-we have Airbnb as the main platform where data from other platforms comes
-Airbnb is synced with Booking.com, FeWo, Traumferienwohnungen
-Airbnb iCal link:
https://www.airbnb.com/calendar/ical/42484802.ics?s=745db91490bbe9594262fd6d88e9efba

When we sync our HivePress site to Airbnb, not all booked/blocked days are imported.

Here you can see July as an example: July 7th to 14th is booked on all platforms, just not on ours. In this case, this booking comes from FeWo-direkt.

Exempel Accommodation: https://south-crete.net/tourism/wp-admin/post.php?post=2578&action=edit

1. For some reason it often doesn’t work to add HivePress link to Airbnb or Booking.com - mostly it took us several attempts to get it working. See pictures:

But the main question is - why aren’t all bookings synced?

Even bookings in October are not included in the HivePress calendar. Bookings coming to Airbnb from booking.com - they stay on Airbnb and are not imported to our site.

This means that if we ONLY have an field for iCal link in HivePress available and use it for Airbnb, we have to enter all other bookings manually - but that’s not possible…

https://south-crete.net/tourism/wp-admin/post.php?post=2530&action=edit
Additional information about Villa Aeonios with smoobu: that happened on Tuesday - since then the whole summer has been blocked without gaps, which was caused by our plugin. We don’t change anything manually:

Datum
August 01, 2023
August 04, 2023
Gast:
CRM Telefon
Portal
Sourthcrete.net
Sourthcrete.net Reservation ID
Eingetragen am

The problem that calendar does not import all bookings - we have had this problem from the beginning. Last year in November I asked for the first time. I have already described the problem twice by email and the last answer from Ihor was (2 months ago) that you will soon insert several iCal links. Can you please please do that? This is very important…

Maybe there is a way with sneepet?
We have already invested so much time in work and the basis does not work…

Here is some info on how other calendars are synchronized for Villa Kornaros. Our page is only syncronized with Airbnb.

For booking.com is also this Oprion activated.

(But I did not find this option with Airbnb and FeWo)

Summary:

• Calendar does not import bookings from Airbnb (those from booking.com and HomeAway). Calendar only imports days booked directly with Airbnb.

-Kalender has been sending the gaps to smoobu as booked since last Tuesday.

I don’t have any more information and don’t know what to do. Please please help!

Thanks for the detailed bug report and extra details, if you sent a temporary WP access via email we’ll test this further and get back to you as soon as possible.

DOUBLE BOOKING !
Yesterday I wrote here:

“Here you can see July as an example: July 7th to 14th is booked on all platforms, just not on ours. In this case, this booking comes from FeWo-direkt.”
…and now we have a DOUBLE BOOKING because the site is not synchronized! Our host at Villa Kornaros is VERY angry with us. We have already lost 2 customers… Please help us!

I don’t understand one thing: HivePress only has one field for iCal link. How is it possible to sync with all 3 platforms? Just a link to Airbnb is obviously not enough.

I also tried to sync with the booking.com iCal link - same thing happens! Only days booked directly with booking.com are shown in the calendar. And the same with FeWo

Ihor, I have now manually blocked the days in our calendar. You need to know that if you go in with a temporary link to our page…

Even if I add manually booked days to our page, Airbnb shows bookings like: BOOKING.COM SouthCrete BOOKING.COM SouthCrete

A short question to the theme/plugin developer. Say I’ve set up sync with Airbnb. My site only receives data from Airbnb. Although my Airbnb is still synchronized with such and such services. I want my site to get data from all the services my Airbnb is synced with. Is it possible? What do I need to do?

Hi,

Thank you for your details. We have received all your emails and reviewed them. We need a little more time to test this issue in more detail.

Dear Andrii,
I sendet you one more email, so maybe that’s more understandable:

We have over 40 Hosts and just 1 of them have Smoobo! Smoobu is an CMS and connect channels via API in real time.

All athers our Host are connectet to Airbnb - and it does not work…

1. More details:
    -Our Hosts use Airbnb as the main platform where data from other platforms comes
    -All this Hist synced Airbnb also with Booking.com and FeWo
    -We use just Arbnb oval links for our Hosts in our page.
    Exempel:
    Airbnb iCal link:
    https://www.airbnb.com/calendar/ical/42484802.ics?s=745db91490bbe9594262fd6d88e9efba

for 1 exempel Accommodation: https://south-crete.net/tourism/wp-admin/post.php?post=2578&action=edit

When we sync our HivePress site to Airbnb, not all booked/blocked days cam from Airbnb to our calendar: Airbnb only shares its calendar when we sync with it. But he does not share the data he has from booking.com and FeWo

On this 4 screenshots you can see July as an example: July 7th to 14th is booked on all platforms, just not on ours. In this case, this booking comes from FeWo-direkt to Airbnb, bat never to us!

to fully sync our calendar.

Airbnb alone is not enough - and developers of booking plugins need to have that… We’ve lost a lot of hosts because they think we’re not able to sync the site. I’ve been writing to you for months and only get random replies… like this: “try to use the Airbnb iCal link to import data on your website”

To connect Airbnb alone does not work in this case.

Booking plagin need Multiple iCal field to import Data from all connected plattforms and not just one!

1. Just 1 Host have smoobu. Smoobu is an CMS and connect channels via API in real time. Problem with Smoobu is aser one: smoobu has a message that our site is blocking all available data - gaps between bookings! Only periods below the minimum booking duration are blocked, as if the HivePress plugin wants to handle them, which makes no sense with blocking.

That happened on Tuesday - since then the whole summer has been blocked without gaps, which was caused by our plugin. We don’t change anything manually, bat HivePress send to smoobu booking for the gaps:

Datum

August 01, 2023

August 04, 2023

Gast:

CRM Telefon

Portal

Sourthcrete.net

Sourthcrete.net Reservation ID

Eingetragen am

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.