Category images instead of drop downs on 'add listing' form'

I recently saw a demo on a listinghive template which showed the categories as images instead of dropdowns on the add listing section. Does anyone know how to do this?

Please, use this snippet to add a separate Select Category Enable the Select Category page (deprecated) in the Add Listing process #hivepress #listings · GitHub

Thanks for the response Yana. Where exactly would his code go? Would it be added as a template? Sorry for all of the questions, I’m just trying to get my head around the theme and I’m relatively new at customising themes.

Please, check out the document on How to add custom code snippets - HivePress Help Center

For this particular snippet, follow the instructions from the Adding PHP snippets section.

Thanks Yana, I added the PHP via code snippets yesterday before I responded but assumed I’d done something incorrect as the add listing form showed the categories as images but none of the further options such as upload images, name etc.?

Yes, this code snippet adds a separate Select Category step to the listing process; once you select a category in the grid by clicking on it, there will be a redirect to the next step (Add Details).

Hi Yana, could you also provide the code snippet to enable the same function on the ‘requests’ categories? Many thanks

If you mean a separate Select Category page unfortunately there’s no easy way to do this for requests, this page was available for listings previously but was deprecated (we left a simple way to bring it back though, using a snippet).

Thanks ihor, I currently have it set up like this on the category pages whereby the category images appear first when adding a listing before going in to the select attributes. One other question…on the requests section, is it possible to add a snippet to enable an image upload per request? And subsequently this image would display on the requests list page. The request function is great for me but it looks a bit plain with only text showing when a customer views a list of requests.

Yes, the image upload should already be available for requests but displaying it in the review block (on the request category and search pages) requires extra customizations. Please let me know which theme you’re using, there may be a simple code snippet.

ihor, if you have a simple code snippet for the listinghive theme (for the request block), I would like that as well. Thank you!

Thanks Igor, that would be great if possible. I’m using the Listinghive theme.

Hi Igor, I had a check and image upload is only available as a setting on the message from the buyer to seller. I’d like it as an option when submitting and displaying a request. If this can be done with a simple code snippet that would be awesome?!

Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

Thanks for the response Yevhen. I’ve seen in another post that you’ll look to doing an update whereby the request features are the same as the listing features. So, I’ll wait for this update to roll out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.