Category not showing in square box with image

in previous version when some one clicked on add listing this url would show in bar
{.com/?hp_route=listing_submit_category_page} and there would come categories on separate page with images i have already added to categories like for cars for bikes etc then one could select where he wanted to post a listing but in new version when someone click on add listing the category is shown as a written list only name of categories to choose from why it does not show the images which i have added in the categories and this URL is shown in bar {.com/submit-listing/details/} this type of category style is not appealing can you please tell me how to show the images one and not only the name lists of categories to choose from?

Please try this snippet to enable the old category selection page Enable the Select Category page (deprecated) in the Add Listing process #hivepress #listings · GitHub

Also, it is recommended to choose a structure with %postname% if the default one is selected in Settings/Permalinks

Hello Dear,

thank you i used the snippet it started working and shows categories with pictures but the new version listing category is also still shown to choose from how to remove that? as i don’t need to choose category two times.

Please consider keeping it because there’s no link to return to the Select Category page in case the user changes their mind, they can change the category in the drop-down. Users don’t have to select the category twice, it should be pre-selected in the form if already selected on the Select Category page.

I wish it was pre selected but it is not when i select property to post in property category but at the drop down car category is selected so i have to change it to property otherwise it will be posting in car please tell me how to remove it?

You can try this code snippet:

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_submit',
	function( $form ) {
		unset( $form['fields']['categories'] );

return $form;
	},
);

Thank you dear it just got disappear the down drop listing but how to bring now the categories with images the square box ones i mean now when i click on add listing there is no option for choosing category?

Make sure that you also added the first snippet suggested in this topic, it adds the old Select Category page back Enable the Select Category page (deprecated) in the Add Listing process #hivepress #listings · GitHub

But that snippet is not adding there is some problem it gives me error

<?php add_filter( 'hivepress/v1/templates/listing_submit_category_page', function( $template ) { return $template; } ); I just copied this and pasted into function but there gives some error with <?php if i remove the <?php from snippet then it does not give error

Yes, please try to use only this part of the snippet

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/templates/listing_submit_category_page',
	function( $template ) {
		return $template;
	}
);

I tried this it is working fine on the website it shows me the square box categories but but now i cant access the dashboard i contacted dream host and they said it is because of the snippet so they remove this snippet and then i could get access to dashboard…
what to do now?? there is some problem in this snippet.

Please make sure that you copied it correctly, I guess there was a syntax error that blocked the dashboard. Please don’t copy the <?php part because the Code Snippets plugin already adds it to every snippet. I tested the snippet locally and it seems to be ok Screenshot by Lightshot

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.