Category-specific booking attributes

Hi! Is there a way to add category at the sidebar of booking attributes?

If possible send more details about this feature, do you mean making booking attributes specific to the listing categories, so there would be different fields in the booking confirmation form depending on the category of the listing being booked?

1 Like

Oh, yes exactly that’s what I wanted to say. Because right now, all the booking attributes appear in all listing categories, which are classified as a bookable listings. I wanted to have it just like for listing attributes where you can associate a listing attribute to specific listing category by having a Category setting at the sidebar in the listing attribute setting. Is it also possible for booking attribute setting to have it the same way as the listing attribute setting?

Sorry, there’s no such feature at the moment, but we’ll consider adding it - thanks, it makes sense if the listing categories are related to different service or item types, that require different booking confirmation fields.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to it!

Hello Ihor, I would like to have this feature as well as my client is requesting for this distinction. Is there an estimated date of this feature’s release, or any work around you can recommend at this point?

Please let me know if you mean making these dependent on listing categories, or adding separate categories for bookings (e.g. in the same way as for vendors)? We haven’t started implementing this yet so any feedback is appreciated.

Hello Ihor, thanks for your reply!

In my case, I prefer to have booking condition set per vendor.
However, adding separate categories to the bookings extension should also work.

In prior to accept booking, each of my vendors need to check if users satisfies their listings’ requried conditions. Otherwise, vendors cannnot provide full service to users and need to decline.
Therefore, vendor requires to ask 5-10 questions upon booking request.
Majority of those questions can be made common among the vendors in the same listings category, but there will be some vendor specific questions.

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll consider adding this feature, maybe a Repeater field that will allow defining custom questions for the booking form unique for each vendor.

Hello team,

Is there an estimated release date for this category (or vendor) specific booking question feature?

If it is going to take a while, are there any recommendations to work around?
For example, lay a set of questions per category using the attributes like;
Category A: Q1-Q5
Category B: Q10-20
Category C: Q30-38

Then, locate a link on the booking page that jumps to the top question of the subject category?
So in this case, if a guest is booking a listing from category C, this link on the booking page will scroll or take you to a separate page starting from Q30. Something like that.

We’ll try to add it as soon as possible, adding this feature requires updating the HivePress core first (to make attributes specific to other categories), and then the Bookings update.

2 Likes

Hello Ihor,

I saw the release note: HivePress 1.6.13

So, I believe this about the update to the HivePress core you mentioned above?
Looking forward to the Bookings update!

Thank you always for your support!

1 Like

Yes, we added this exactly for Bookings, will try to update Bookings as soon as possible.

1 Like