Child listings have stopped showing in parent category

I have 4 categories displaying on my homepage. Up until a few days ago these displayed the listings from the various child categories when clicked. All of a sudden the listing count is zero and the contents are empty. The listings are available when searched via keywords, etc, but not within the parent category. https://re-bambino.co.uk/

I see this in the WP dash too. The child categories all have listings, but the parent category has a zero count.

I’ve done the usual trouble shooting steps, but no joy. Is this a bug, or due to an update? Apparently there use to be an option for this is the hivepress settings, but it’s no longer available.

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Hi Andrii,

I followed your steps and there is no change. I see this this is not the case on your demo site, but I’m not sure how to achieve the same on my site. Is there a setting for this?

Steve

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can’t check the issue in more detail, but we are sure it is caused by hosting, third-party plugins, or cache (as it was with image loading in the previous topic).

Hi Andrii,

I’m still unable to fix this issue. EasyWP have provided me with the logs (I’ll send this on email). They say this is likely due to the ‘chmod()’ being unable to perform due to permission restrictions.

While investigating I’ve reverted to the listinghive theme rather than my child theme. I’ve tested with and without plugins, etc and there is no change.

Hi,

We recommend testing with another hosting provider because chmod is not a HivePress-specific issue. You can also test the ListingHive theme locally Quick Start - HivePress Help Center

I believe this will be useful to you.

Hi,

​There’s no specific recommended hosting, but you can use any non-shared one (it’s better to use VPS and managed WP hosting if you plan to scale your website), you can check comparisons like this one 12 Best WordPress Hosting Providers of 2023 Compared & Tested I remember positive feedback about Cloudways, but I haven’t personally tested it. We also plan to test all the top hosting providers with HivePress and post our own comparison on the blog as soon as possible.

​​I hope this is helpful to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.