Conflict between allow message in adhesion offer and restrict message to buyers

Hello,

I have set up an adhesion like this :

and I checked restrict message to buyers in HivePress settings :

The problem I have is if I restrict message to buyers only, people who took the adhesion offer will not be able to send message, and the other way around if a buyer doesn’t have the adhesion he will not be able to send message.

Is it possible to replace the “restrict message to buyers” by “Allow buyers to send message”. This way both people who have the adhesion or people who buy something in marketplace will be able to send message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cordially, Zak.

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce it locally. If there are any details or steps that may help to reproduce it locally, please let me know

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

1 Like

Hello,

Here are the conditions to reproduce the issue :

1st : Allow adhesion to restrict message for all users in Settings → Adhesion

2nd : Create an offer which allow message only for user who get the offer :

3rd : Restrict message to buyers in Settings → Orders

Here are the step to follow to reproduce the issue :slight_smile:

1st : Buy something in a marketplace.

2nd : Try to send a message to the seller thanks to the order inteface :

I have 3 category of listing in my website and only one is a marketplace. So in the marketplace I want people to be able to send message when they buy something, without buying an adhesion. However, in other categories, I want to restrict message for those who doesn’t have any adhesion but I don’t want the restriction from the markeplace to be applied in these categories.

PROBLEM 1 - In the category with the marketplace : The message cannot be send because the user doesn’t have an adhesion :

PROBLEM 2 - In the 2 categories with no marketplace : There is no icon message because it is restricted only for buyers, but it is not logical because this it not a marketplace here. So I want in these categories to have the message button display, but user will be ask for an adhesion.

I hope my explanation are clear enough for you to understand what I need.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cordially, Zak.

Thank you for the details. We will check it as soon as possible

Okay Thank you.

1. Thank you for the details. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution for it, it requires advanced customization. In the current version, if there is a membership restriction for the messages, then it will affect all website messages actions

2. Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Okay. I understand thank you. Do you know someone that can help me to customize and I can hire for this please ?

We can’t recommend specific developers yet, but any developer with good WordPress experience should be able to help. We also plan to launch the HivePress Experts program as soon as it’s possible.

1 Like