Customizing templates

Hi! I want to learn how to use the child themes to customize the layouts of the theme, although I have seen some tutorials like this Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube, it is not clear how exactly to get access to the hivepress plugin directory. There was a link to get information about the child theme generator WordPress plugin but the link is outdated and now that plugin is no longer available. Could you please clarify how can I customize the templates?

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is not exactly related to HivePress and its features - it’s a core WordPress functionality. If you want to learn more about customizing WordPress theme please try following tutorials like this one How To Create A Child Theme For WordPress - It's SUPER EASY, with this video - YouTube

You can copy HivePress template parts from Github (to place them in the child theme’s “hivepress” subdirectory) hivepress/templates at master · hivepress/hivepress · GitHub or via FTP directly from your site (plugins are installed in /wp-content/plugins directory of your site).

Hope this helps.

Hi @ihor Thanks for the info, yes, I think I have a better understanding of how the child themes work. However, I do not know if I am overcomplicating things.

What I want to do is modify the Listing layout so the user can see in a horizontal line three blocks: 1) description of the listing, 2) information from the host, and 3) price and booking options. Below of them, the reviews, send messages and review options. and below this is the related listing option. I tried to change this using the template option in hivepress but when opening the template, I could not see the blocks to be able to move them around to make this change. Is there a tutorial to explain how to do this?

Thanks!

Sorry, there’s no other tutorial at the moment Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube but it explains the main ways of customizing HivePress templates (via CSS, via overriding the arrays of blocks, and via overriding separate template parts). It’s possible to make the described changes, but this would require advanced customizations for the listing page layout.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.