Deleting a test Stripe Connect account

In the proccess of implementing payouts with Stripe Connect, and am running some testing in the test mode. All API keys are the test keys.

When I use a connected vendor account, and on my freelancer site delete that account through the account/settings page, the account gets deleted as expected from my freelance site, but it still shows up as a connected account on stripe connect. The only actions I can take through the stripe admin dashboard is to “reject” the account due to fraud or violation of agreements.

I think that there is an action that should run when a user deletes an account, to also remove it if its a test account - or if its a live account, only remove it if the balance is zero.

Here is from the Stripe Documentation:

Delete an account

With Connect, you can delete accounts you manage.

Accounts created using test-mode keys can be deleted at any time. Standard accounts created using live-mode keys cannot be deleted. Custom or Express accounts created using live-mode keys can only be deleted once all balances are zero.

If you want to delete your own account, use the account information tab in your account settings instead.

from Delete an account | Stripe API Reference

The reason this is a issue is obviously that I cannot delete it through the Stripe Dashboard, and I have no way of login in to the account on the Stripe platform, as the freelancer credentials of username and password does not grant access to the connected account on Stripe.com

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, this totally makes sense when the website account is deleted. Howewer, there may be a situation when vendor collected some funds on their Stripe balance and still plans to withdraw it, but deletes their website account before this, and deleting the linked Stripe account would also delete their balance. Maybe a warning about this will be ok.

I think they stated that deleting an account containing a balance only works when using the test API. When using the Live API, that wouldn’t work.

Custom or Express accounts created using live-mode keys can only be deleted once all balances are zero.

So deleting test accounts should be no problem, but when deleting live accounts, showing a message to make sure the vendor has checked the balance would be usefull.

Also, if trying to delete a live account that still has balance, and the delete process doesn’t go through, it would make sense that the website account wont be deleted as well until the balance is emptyed.

Thanks, we’ll check these restrictions before adding the account deletion via API.

Also to add onto this subject:

When running tests with Stripe connect, and when clearing the test data, the connected accounts also get cleared, so they have to be reonboarded/reconnected with Stripe. However, when clearing the test-data in the Stripe dashboard, this is not reflected on the vendors that have already been accepted and finnished the onboarding process. So now the testers have no way to onboard and connect with stripe again, and recieves an error when trying to view the stripe dashboard.

So the communication between whats going on on Stripe and having that reflecting on the website needs to be improved.

Anyway, you guys are doing an amazing job - I have faith in you :smiley:

I also had a similar problem. Been in contact with the Stripe support all day, since I’m getting emails about not being able to perform payment to test users, using a Live Key at the same time. I cannot take this back and they say that theese error messages will be sent from my worpress email each day. It sais: “Payout for order … couldn’t be processed for the following reason: No such destination: ‘acct_xxxxxxxxx’; a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request.” So stupid. One way of removing theese errors is if the Express accounts can be deleted, but I cannot delete them. It’s so irritating! Can you help me delete theese accounts using the API (link already mentions above)?

Just deleting those account in wordpress, which automatically deleted the test Stripe Express accounts, would help a lot not getting in to theese issues.

Please don’t register any real vendor accounts until the test mode is switched off, it’s good for testing the payout workflow (e.g. with a single test vendor account), but switching test accounts to real ones may not be possible per the Stripe docs. Yes, they have many inconsistencies and different country/currency restrictions so we’ll try to resolve these issues one by one, some answers are missing in the docs so we’ll contact them.

@aming4stars Please try deleting these scheduled actions manually in Tools/Scheduled actions (in Pending tab) for specific vendor ID.

Thank you! =)

I also created a test-Stripe-express-account on my main-Stripe-account, which I cannot remove. How will this affect me? Can’t I recieve payments to my Main-account directly from the HivePress website (for exampel if someone buys an uppgrade package) or will this go to my test-express-account. Havn’t been able to test this yet.

1. Please make a request to Stripe support to get the correct information on how to manage/delete connected accounts

2. If you add Stripe gateway to WooCoomerce, for example, with this plugin WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org then please use API keys from your main Stripe account to receive Stripe payments from your website on your main Stripe account

If you add Stripe gateway to WooCoomerce, for example, with this plugin WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org then please use API keys from your main Stripe account to receive Stripe payments from your website on your main Stripe account

I thought WooCommerce was required with hivepress, and that the Stripe Payment Gateway is required when using Stripe Connect, or am I wrong?

In any case, as I understand this, when adding the Stripe payment Gateway through WooCommerce, one needs to use the Stripe Connect API Keys, and not the Stripe (WooCommerce) keys that are created in the process?

Stripe is not required for accepting payments since accepting payments is implemented by WooCommerce, it’s not linked to Stripe Connect payouts implemented in HivePress. This way you can offer a few payment methods, not only Stripe, and top up the Stripe Connect account using any other way (e.g. bank transfer) if required.

I can’t say for sure about setting up Stripe for accepting payments, please check the WooCommerce docs regarding this. You can try using a test Stripe Connect API ket to check if it works for checkout.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.