Excluding search bars from getting dark in WP Dark Mode

Hello,
I am using a WP Dark Mode plugin with hivepress. The search bars in dark mode are unreadable. I can’t figure out what should I type to exclude search bars from going to dark mode. In settings of this plugin is advice: “Add comma separated CSS selectors (classes, ids) to ignore the darkmode. ex: .class1, #hero-area”. Can you tell me what should I type to leave bars white?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are not familiar with this plugin, so we cannot provide more details, but most likely you need CSS tweaks to change the color in the search bar. If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

Hi,
Thanks for reply. I understand it is third party plugin. I’ve tried to figure it out anyway and I’m half way. As You can see on picture below, most of search bar is still white in dark mode. The name of object which I excluded successfully is “hp-form-wide”. I have also excluded search button (puple one) which name is “hp-form_footer”. I can’t find the name of object responsible for geo searching. Maybe in this part of case You could point the name of this object?

Hi,

Please use this CSS snippet:

.hp-form--listing-search .hp-field--location input {
	background: purple;
}

Please note that it can require further customization.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hi andrii,
Thanks a lot. To be honest, I changed “purple” for “white” and now it’s perfect, but without Your solution I wouldn’t go further with this part. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.