Front End Submission Form ("Add Details" page) button does not work

Hi,

When I tried to submit a listing through the front-end form after adding in all the details, the “submit listing” button responds to hovering but nothing happens when I click it. I’m wondering if this is a bug?

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.51.17 PM

Hi,

Please refresh the permalink structure in Settings/Permalinks (choose a structure with %postname% if the default one is selected)

Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin (e.g. LiteSpeed), make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Thank you. I just refreshed the page, and the form worked. In this case, do you think it’s a caching issue?

Yes, it’s most likely a caching issue, or if you use a third-party theme/plugins this may be a conflict with another JS script. You can try disabling third-party plugins including caching ones and check if this issue persists.

I‘m using WP Rocket, and I noticed that I did have caching turned on for logged-in users. May I ask why this needs to be turned off? Wouldn’t it be a nice feature if I had content on my website that’s for subscribers only?

Since logged-in users often have different content depending on their role and actions (e.g. extra account pages or buttons, links specific to vendors) caching often causes issues, it works fine for logged-out users since they all see the same website pages. We’ll try to improve integration with caching plugins, but for now it’s better to disable caching for logged-in users and keeping it for logged-out ones. You can still enable minification & merging of JS/CSS files for all users, scripts and styles loaded for users are the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.