Generating regions from locations

Hello,

Can someone please explain to me what the purpose of generating regions from listings would be used for?

Once a region is generated, what next? How can it be viewed on the front end?

Thanks

If you enable Regions in HivePress/Settings/Listings/Geolocation section. Then once you change the location for some listing or add a new listing, regions should be generated in Listings/Regions, and then search by regions (country, state, county, city) will be available on your website

I cannot see it as an option in Hivepress>Settings> Listings > Search?

Where is someone able to search the regions?

Thanks

Sorry for inconvenience, please check option Generate regions from locations in HivePress/Settings/Geolocation. Then once you change the location for some listing or add a new listing, regions should be generated in Listings/Regions, and then search by regions (country, state, county, city) will be available on your website

That is the same message as your first message to the topic???

I have selected all of the above and regions are generating but how do we add regions to the search form? They aren’t showing as an option.

The region search is built into the existing Location field (to avoid duplicating fields with the same purpose) - if someone searches a region (e.g. New York state), then the radius-based search is automatically disabled and all the listings within the New York boundaries will be found. If someone searches for a more exact address (e.g. street) then the radius-based search is used.
Hope this helps.

Hello, Yevhen: I have added regions according to districts and Municipalities. Is there a way that users and vendors can select their Region from the list when they register?

Please don’t add regions manually, if you enabled regions and set up the map provider (e.g. Mapbox) then regions will be generated automatically based on the listings you add. If you set a location for a listing, the regions for it will be assigned or generated automatically, also listings will be searchable by these regions. If someone searches by the exact radius, then a radius-based search instead of the region search will be used.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.