Hosts not being able to send messages even after payment was made

Hi! @yevhen and @ihor,

I had selected the option only to allow buyers to send messages. However, even when the users make the payment, hosts cannot talk with them. How to make it possible that if buyers make the payments, a host can give the first contact through messages?

I do not want to let the message option open to everyone to avoid transactions outside the platform.

Thank you!

In the current version, the order page message button only shows if an order has Processing status. But we’ll consider adding Completed status to show the message button in the future versions

If you are familiar with code customization or have a WordPress developer, please try to make changes to the file by this path plugins/hivepress-messages/templates/order/view/page/message-send-link.php.

Please try to change $order->get_status() === 'wc-processing' condition on in_array($order->get_status(), ['wc-processing', 'wc-completed'] ) condition in this file with child theme. Here is a tutorial on templates customization Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube

1 Like

Hi @yevhen,

Thank you for the above. The issue is that even if the status is processing, the hosts do not have the option to send a message to the users. So, I just wonder if there is something wrong with the message option.

Please send temporary WP access via email to support@hivepress.io with a link to this topic and any extra details that may help detect this issue, and we’ll check it. You can send a temporary admin access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.