How do I set a commission payments / pre-payments or split payments?

Hello @rudy ,

thank you! I am glad it helps. We all benefit in the forum when we share. Plus Hivepress gets better :slight_smile:

As for your questions:

A: If I remember correctly, the amount shown is the total sales. I have no problem with it as the vendors are informed. We have disabled payouts in our case. The vendors can choose a payment policy (pre-defined in our terms and policy) and let the guests know when payment is due. This transaction takes outside of the platform and between guest/vendor. Our commission gets payed immediately at checkout.

The rules must be set by you. You must decide how your marketplace works beforehand. You must communicate the terms and set up attributes accordingly (payment policy) that is are displayed in the listing profile (front end) of the vendors.

For example: 30 days before moving in, 14 days, 5 days or at check in. If a guest doesn’t pay, the host can free up the space for another booking. So this is then a decision the vendor makes.

The second option is to build a plugin (we have done this) and work with a local payment provider on your market. We offer this to our premium hosts. They basically get paid immediately at check in. This is surely the best method.

It depends. If 50% is your commission, then it is simple. If however you share the 50% with the host, then it gets tricky (at least on our market). You will need to check your local tax and accounting regulations in this case.

Well, this is in our case the task of the host/vendor (similar to every other booking platform). You can provide marketing functions within the platform to reduce cancellations (such as automated email reminders once a booking was made - Hopefully Hivepress will introduce those soon @ihor :slight_smile: )

Hope this helps.

4 Likes