How taxes work?

Good afternoon,

I have some doubts about how the taxes are functioning for a Marketplace that has listings for space rentals.
If hosts are posting their spaces on my page, when somebody make a booking, the taxes that the buyer have to pay are: taxes calculated based on the property address + IVA for the commision rate (service fee) ??? Or how does it work? The shop address is in Spain but it hosts are based globally so I am wondering if I should activate both automated taxes in Woocomm (based on shop address) and also activate “Include taxes in balance calculation” in Hivepress so the payout to the hosts would include taxes? Does the commision we charge to both seller and buyer has VAT or taxes? Should it be included in the invoice?
If the buyer is a business how would the taxes they pay be calculated in their invoice and showed separately?

Will the host send us an invoice, with the taxes included in the price or separated from the price? Or how would the process be?

Please let me know,

Regards // laura

Hi,

Please note that the taxes functionality is entirely a function of the WooCommerce plugin, so I recommend reviewing this doc How to enable taxes - HivePress Help Center
For commissions, please check this doc How to set up commissions - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hi Andrii,

Many thanks for your reply. What I do not see is how can I charge a tax on the comission fee? Because normally the commisions charged have VAT. Sould I include that percentage in the service fee?

Many thanks for your reply,

Regards // Laura

Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available, but we plan to add it in future updates. As a workaround, we recommend increasing the commission so that it covers your tax.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.