How to import the listing

Hello,

I’ve bought the import extension because i’d like to import text data in a custom field.

First I tried to export listing and nothing happened. I deactivate cache plugin first nothing happened, then i deactivated other and still nothing. I figure that i needed to select a category to make it work…

But i was disapointed because i did not have all the standard fields… So not having a custom field was not a suprise.

Indeed I’ve create a new attribute labelled “tag” wich is visible in the wp listing page:

and i though this attribute would appear when i export a csv file. But it didn’t.

So I used the Ultimate CSV Importer free to export my listing. I then tryed to update my listing with your import extension. But when i upload my file only what looks like standards field are shown: ID, Account, Category, Image, Price, URL, Description, Featured, Validate (I translate the labels because my wp is in french). But i do not see the custom field “Tag”.

I red a lot of issues regarding importing attributs but eventhough i did not figure how to upload my file.

What can I do?

Steps to reproduce

I’ve exported a csv file from Ultimate CSV Importer free. I’ve added a column “Tag” and a data “Générateur de logo” and save the file in google sheet as csv file

Actual result

When I upload the file, I only see standard field in the mapping page:

Expected result

I was expecting to be able to map also the field “Tag”

Can you help? Best Regards

Hi,

Please make sure that you perform the import as described in this document: How to set up and import listings - HivePress Help Center
Also, please note that in order for an attribute to be displayed as a field when you import a listing, you need it to be marked as Editable: How to add listing attributes - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for your answer. You were right, I did not marked the field as editable but still I have an issue.

I’ve mapped the field as mention in the first link ypu’ve sent but I have this error message:

But the the field “Short description” is not empty, see here:

Also I am still not able to export anything. It seems to work and then it stops nothing happen.

Can you help?

Best regards

Hi,

Please note that it is not necessary to name the columns by field names; they can be any since there is manual mapping.

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.