Implementing Multi-Vendor Functionality for Specific Products in Different Locations

Hello,

I’m using the HivePress plugin to create an automotive parts marketplace where I want to include the functionality to allow a specific product to be supplied by multiple different vendors in different locations.

This would mean that each product/listing could be associated with multiple vendors, and users could search for products and then find the nearest vendor that has the desired product in stock.

I am aware that this may require a more in-depth customization of HivePress and I am open to the possibility of using additional plugins to achieve this functionality.

One possibility I’m considering is creating a system where each “local vendor” is actually a “stock location” for a specific vendor. Thus, each listing would be a representation of a product at a specific location.

I would like to know if you have any suggestions on how best to implement this functionality, whether through customization of HivePress, use of additional plugins, or other possible solutions. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Alex Souza

Following up on my previous query about implementing multi-vendor functionality for specific products in different locations using HivePress, I would like to share an example of a similar functionality.

The WooCommerce MultiVendor plugin, also known as MarketKing, allows multiple vendors to list the same product. Here’s a link for your reference: Single Product Multiple Vendors - MarketKing

I understand that HivePress, being an ad/directory plugin, doesn’t natively provide this functionality, and I am open to customizing HivePress or using additional plugins to achieve this.

Do you have any recommendations on how I could incorporate similar functionality into my HivePress-powered marketplace?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Hi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation.

There are two ways to do this:

1. Make some options for vendors in the listings, for example, “I represent this product,” and the administrator only adds listings.

2. Vendors add the listings, but some field detects that it is the same product, and all listings except the main one are hidden in the search.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.