Import Listings extension

Hello,
Can I have the sample csv file used in the hivepress import overview video so I have a better idea of how the image files and categories are written in the file? Are the categories written in text or as category IDs? What path is used for the image files (do the images have to be already imported on the admin side?
Can the description be written in HTML?
How can administrators import listings?
Thanks

Hi,
There’s no specific sample - the only requirement is mapping all the listing fields that require a value (at least title, description and category). Selectable fields are imported via labels (e.g. if the imported category label matches one of the existing category labels, this category will be assigned). Images are imported as comma separated external URLs (with “http://” or “https://”) so you don’t have to pre-upload them to WordPress.
Hope this helps.

This is helpful thanks.
Can the description field handle HTML imports?

Unfortunately, HTML tags are not allowed in the description field on import by default. But it can be changed with a code snippet. But it is not recommended to do for security reasons

Good day

Is it possible to only allow Admin to import listings, via the Dashboard?

Regards

Please try this PHP snippet

add_filter( 
	'hivepress/v1/templates/listings_edit_page', 
	function ($template){
		if(!current_user_can('import')){
			$template = hivepress()->helper->merge_trees(
				$template,
				[
					'blocks' => [
						'listing_import_link' => [
							'type' => 'content',
						],
					],
				]
			);
		}

return $template;
	},
);

Is there no way to add other custom attribute fields to the import? As is, it can only import only the 7 native fields ( Category, description, Featured, Images, Title, Verified & Website). Then I would have to go into each listing to enter custom attribute values.

Also, what is the maximum number of records that can be imported at any one time? I can’t seem to import more than 18 or so at once.

1. Thanks for reporting this, this feature will be added in the next extension update

2. Unfortunately, we can not reproduce it. Please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g. screenshots, or the error message you get) or you can send a sample CSV file that causes issues via email to support@hivepress.io and we’ll test it

It turns out to be a server issue on my end due to the size number of images being uploaded per record. So no worries. Thanks.

One other thing I have noticed.
After importing under my account from the dashboard, I went into the admin side to reassign the listings to the correct vendor and add attribute details.
Even after reassigning the listings they still showed up under listings in my dashboard. It took deleting them from the dashboard and restoring them from admin to clear them from the dashboard listings.
Is there a quicker way to solve this? I have hundreds of listings that appear this way.

There’s no way to do this automatically at the moment (all the listings are imported for the current version), but this feature is planned for the next update (it’ll be possible to select the User or Vendor column). In the current version, if you switch the vendor manually after the import, please make sure that this vendor has its own linked user. If all the vendor profiles are linked to the same user (e.g. admin) then listings will appear in this user’s dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.