Is it possible to remove the commission from the security deposit that users pay?

Hi I have a few general questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the commission from the security deposit that users pay? It doesn’t make sense for this to be a feature since the security deposit will be returned and this just deters users from paying through the site.

2. How can I restrict users to only sign up with “.edu” emails?

3. How does the quantity feature work for rental marketplaces? I want the quantity to represent the number of guests or rooms being booked, not the number of days. For instance, if someone is booking a property for 5 days at $100 per day and they need two rooms, they should be able to select a quantity of 2 (which decreases quantity available by 2), making the total cost 5 days x $100 x 2 rooms = $1,000. However, currently, if a host sets the quantity limit to 2, and a guest books for more than 2 days, the payment process fails. This suggests that the system is treating the quantity limit as a cap on the number of days, rather than on the number of guests or rooms. Is this how it’s intended to be?

Hi,

1. Unfortunately, there is currently no easy solution for this, but we will try to fix it in future updates.

2. Please check the solution in this topic: Registration only for specific domains (like for instance @company.com) - #9

3. Please check this doc: How to set listing quantity - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

It seems like charging a commission on the security deposit is a pretty major bug so a fix in the next month or two would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like