Issue using Acowebs Deposits

Hi there! I’m using the Deposits plug-in from Acowebs on my site to allow customers to pay a 50% deposit up front, then pay the rest before their stay. This works perfectly when the customer chooses to pay via card.

The issue I’m running in to is that my client also wants the ability to offer “Pay with Cash” at checkout, where the customer can pay in cash at the time of their stay. When “Pay with Cash” is selected at checkout, the confirmation email they recieve still has the “Future Payment” in the email, instead of just the “pay with cash” payment detail. See image below. I’ve reached out to Acowebs on this and they haven’t been able to help me, even after a week of back and forth.

Is there a code snippet to make it so the deposits plugin is enabled ONLY when the customer selects payment via Credit or Debit card, and NOT with Cash?

It seems to me like the issue is that the Deposits plugin is kicking in before we get to the choose payment stage. So it’s adding in the Deposit details nomatter what the payment method.

Hey. I also use acowebs. Is it possible where its written ‘future payments’, just translate it to ’ Future payment to host’

If when customer is not paying a deposit, it means you dont need acowebs for that transaction, if you are using pro version, it has an option for this I believe.

Acowebs is a pain, we are all waiting for the deposits option as promised by Hivepress.
Hope its coming soon.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but customization is beyond our support scope - it includes fixing bugs and guidance about the available features Support Policy | HivePress

If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

Acowebs has now recommended I add this php snippet to the theme/child-theme functions.php file. Can I do that with the Code Snippets plugin or is there a better method?

add_action('woocommerce_create_order', 'awcdp_cod_disable', 10, 2);

function awcdp_cod_disable($order_id, $checkout) {

$chosen_payment_id = WC()->session->get('chosen_payment_method');

if( $chosen_payment_id == 'cod' ){

WC()->cart->deposit_info['deposit_enabled'] = false;
		WC()->cart->set_session();

}

}

Hello Andril,
When do you plan to add partial payments feauture?

Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature has no ETA yet, as additional integration is required. But we plan to add this feature in the next updates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.