Map is too accurate!

The map shown with the listing is too accurate, dangerously accurate. While I want to show the map, I don’t want the map to show the home of the Lister. I have zoom set at “13” and this is as close to accurate as I want to be. Is there a way to lock the zoom to be no closer than the setting? I am using Mapbox.

Thank you for reporting this. The problem with the exact location in Mapbox is confirmed and will be fixed in future HivePress Geolocation updates

Okay. How do we remove the map until the issue is resolved? Or is there a snippet where it will hardcode the map to the Listing US Zipcode?

There are 2 temporary workarounds:

1. Switching to Google Maps until we add the “hide address” support for Mapbox.

2. Hiding the map with this CSS snoppet:

.hp-map {display:none!important}

Hope this helps.

I am getting a fatal error with the snippet…

The code snippet you are trying to save produced a fatal error on line 1:

syntax error, unexpected ‘.’, expecting end of file

The previous version of the snippet is unchanged, and the rest of this site should be functioning normally as before.

Please use the back button in your browser to return to the previous page and try to fix the code error. If you prefer, you can close this page and discard the changes you just made. No changes will be made to this site.

Did this new release resolve the Mapbox issue?

1. Please make sure that this CSS snippet was added to Appearance/Customize/Additional CSS field.

2. No, the last update was a quick fix for some critical bugs. Mapbox issue with exact address will be fixed in the future updates

Thank you. That worked!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.