Make order numbers and bookings more intuitive

Continuing the discussion from Vendor bookings page show to regular user (buyer):

Can you update this and divide it in separate pages? Cause the way its now is confusing for the users that are vendors and also booked as a customer.

I updated the title, let me know if I understand the feature request correctly - do you mean merging the payment receipt with the booking page and hiding the Orders page completely?

1 Like

No, what I meant was, the order page has 2 different sections, one for received orders and one for placed orders. Then, there is the booking page that includes received and placed bookings. This is extremely confusing for a users that are vendors and also booked as a customer.

Is it possible to update this and divide this into 2 separate pages (one for received bookings and one for placed bookings), just like the orders section?

All the best,
Abe

Thanks for the details, yes - separating bookings would probably improve the UX, we’ll consider making this change so it would match the order pages.

2 Likes

Not to hijack your thread, but I’ve noticed something weird in the order structure aswell:

The account page - order has different name based on the users available orders.

• If the buyer has a an active order:

Menu name A (my purchases)

• If the Vendor has an active order

Menu name B (my sales)

• If the vendor has both been selling and buying

Menu name C (my purchases)

Menu Name D (my sales)

So instead of recycling the name of Menu name A and B, a new naming event happens, even though it points to the same content as previously.
Its not a huge deal, as I managed to rename these menues to appear similar in Loco translate.

–

Also, the formating is different between the receiver orders (hivepress page) and placed orders (WooCommerce page). The later being mobile responsive, putting everything in a table, and the former not.

And one last suggestion is to also display the buyer/seller name and listing name, making it easier to read and know whats what.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, if there are no received orders then the orders menu item is just “Orders”, and there are 2 different labels if the current user is a vendor who both placed and received orders. We’ll try to simplify this along with bookings.

HivePress implements its own orders page for received orders since WooCommerce has no multi-vendor features by default, it just has the orders page for buyers but we tried to keep the same design.

1 Like