Message modal headings and SEO issues

Hello ,

I found something wich make the robots work very hard
The Html of messeage plugin appear in every listing wich make x10-x30 times messages → send messages in html tag .

Please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g. a link to your site, screenshots, a list of installed plugins, or the error message you get).

No existing errors yevhen
Just when google index the page , he count message for each listing

If you mean the Send Message modal window then yes, it’s set for each listing on a page (since every listing has a different ID), but all modals are hidden and shouldn’t be indexed, Google indexes visible content only.

Yes, but unfortunally they are visible . If u click on html cache version of the link u will see that each listing cotain 3 times messeage text

These texts may appear only if the styles are not loaded in the cached version, but this doesn’t affect SEO in any way because modals are hidden Screenshot by Lightshot

And still Messeage appear too much in content

Please let me know which tool you use to scan the headings, they shouldn’t be scanned because they are hidden. Unfortunately, there’s no way to remove the message modals from HTML code, this will break messages.

In every keyword explaner tool . Its not to removing HTML code , maybe i need to dissalow messeage from crawing , becouse 1st time count in on the listing ,(HERE IS THE PROBLEMsecond time open the box and count messeage > send messeage ) … wich make keyword accumulation / 1time messeage / 2nd time messeage box (html messeage) /3th time send messeage

Sorry, there’s no way to remove these modals from the HTML code without breaking messages, but Google shouldn’t take these headings in account while third-party keyword tools can still scan these. I also added this issue to the bug tracker and we’ll check if it’s possible to add some “noindex” attribute to these modals explicitly just in case.

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.