Hi HivePress team,
I have found out that there is a possibility of multiple bookings of one place on the same dates.
- I created 2 guests and 1 host.
- Both guests requested a booking for the same property and on the same dates (I believe this would work the same way if the dates would overlap, which is also a problem).
- Host accepted both requests. Accidentally or intentionally for whatever reason.
- Both guests get notifications that their requests were accepted and both pay for their orders.
- Now, there are 2 confirmed bookings for the same property and the same dates. If the host would not pay attention he/she would have 2 guests coming at the same time.
Is there a way how to prevent this happening, e.g.: declining other booking requests automatically once one of them is accepted?
E.g.: Listing’s calendar - both bookings (#1015 and #1054) are for the same property and the same dates (19. 5. - 21. 5.)
Guest 1 booking
Guest 2 booking
Thanks for looking into this!
Please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue. Please send which booking settings are set in HivePress/Settings/Bookings and which settings are set for the listing on your screenshots where this issue appears
I am not sure which more details are needed to reproduce the issue. I did it exactly how I described it above. Could you please specify what is unclear?
Here are the screenshots of HivePress/Settings/Bookings and My Listings pages:
My Listings page
My Listings page - continue
Thank you for the details. We can not reproduce this issue. Please send temporary WP access to firstname.lastname@example.org with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
I was also able to create double booking for “Instant booking” property, e.g.:
- First guest wants to book a property and proceeds to payment, but does not pay yet.
- Host and first guest can see an unpaid booking.
- Second guest books the same property for the same dates as the first guest, proceeds to payment, pays for the booking and receives “Booking confirmation”.
- First guest comes back to his/her bookings and continues with the unpaid booking. Pays for it and receives “Booking confirmation”.
- Now, there are two confirmed bookings for the same place and the same dates.
I know it is possible to block dates for unpaid bookings, but this is not a good solution as some people could easily abuse the system and pretend to book the entire months (proceed to payment, but don’t pay then) and block the dates for 24 hours for other users. Hosts would not be happy with that.
Is there a way to fix it? I mean that if someone comes back to his/her unpaid booking and wants to pay the system will check again if the dates are actually available. I know it does check it when proceeding to payment, but it seems it does not happen when placing an order (actually paying for a booking).
Thank you for looking into it. It is much appreciated.
Thank you for the additional details. We have contacted you by email
Hi Yevhen, thank you for the snippet, but it actually works similar way as if Unpaid and Pending statuses in HivePress - Settings - Bookings were activated, so it does not solve the problem at all I am afraid.
Actually even worst, because it shows the dates available instead of having them blocked like when “Blocking Statuses” option were setup. So, guests can still chose the dates, go to Review Booking and then being rejected when they want to Proceed to Payment.
Thank you for waiting. Unfortunately, other solutions require a custom implementation.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.