Occasional 504 Errors when loading Listings

Hello,

I am having trouble with my Hivepress/Listinghive website where sometimes a 504 Error occurs.
So basically, when I search for Listings, sometimes it loads really fast, and sometimes it loads forever and it results in a 504 Error.

I took a look at the server error log and there is a huge amount of those errors:

2024-02-01 06:54:31 - [:error] [pid 217660:tid 140561726293760] [client 5.182.87.46:35364] [client 5.182.87.46] ModSecurity:  [file "/etc/httpd/conf/modsecurity.d/rules/tortix/modsec/10_asl_rules.conf"] [line "659"] [id "340195"] [rev "4"] [msg "Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Attack Blocked -  Base64 Encoded PHP function in Argument - this may be an attack."] [data "eval("] [severity "CRITICAL"] Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Pattern match "(?:\\\\(chr ?\\\\( ?[0-9]{1,3} ?\\\\)| ?= ?f(?:open|write) ?\\\\(|\\\\b(?:passthru|serialize|php_uname|phpinfo|shell_exec|preg_\\\\w+|mysql_query|exec|include|eval|create_function|system|base64_decode|decode_base64|base64_url_decode|str_rot13)\\\\b ?(?:\\\\(|\\\\:))" at ARGS:0. [hostname "care-finder.de"] [uri "/wp-json/essential-blocks/v1/queries&attributes={\\"__file\\":\\"/proc/self/environ\\"}&a=<"] [unique_id "ZbtAJ2sA1wIJmdCreelNDwAAACU"]

And also some of those errors:

2024-01-31 11:48:32 - [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2178754:tid 140562073970432] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client 80.134.139.0:51718] AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer: https://care-finder.de/

The Website requires the Listings to have a huge amount of Information (I have 276 Attributes), maybe that is too much to handle for Hivepress?

I would really appreciate a solution to this, as it is unusable like this right now.

Thank you.

Your First message shows that there was a possible attack involving a Base64 encoded PHP function in the request’s argument. There is pattern match indicating an attempt to execute potentially malicious code. The access was denied with a 403 status code.

@dieerfolgsbringer Please investigate this. I am interested to know what caused it.

Hi,

Most likely, this is an error on the part of the hosting provider, so I recommend checking their settings or contacting their support.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hello,

I contacted the hosting provider support and they told me, that the error was likely to do do with a Plugin conflict. I disabled all plugins other than the "HivePress " and “HivePress Geolocation” Plugin. However the Issue still persists. It also only occurs, when Listings are loaded. Pages where there are no Listings, load normally everytime. So the Issue has to be related to the HivePress Listings. So as I said: maybe the amount of attributes used in each Listing is too much to handle for Hivepress?

Thank You.

it made me scary to running hiveress in production due high query load usage,
because I only have a lowend spec server, do you use highend server/hosting?

I tried a lowend spec server and a highend spec server. The problem occurs on both servers. I am a bit lost as to what I am supposed to do. As I said before, the system is not usable when that error occurs that often. I never had this problem before with other websites on our servers.

Do you maybe have testservers where we can test it? We have apache servers, maybe that contributes to the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.