OG Image on Request Posts not set

Hello,

The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags. This is the error that the FB Sharing Debugger tool shows when I try to debug why no image is showing when I share request page URL’s, although there are images attached in the Images Section. It should set the first picture as the image to be displayed on sharing.

On listings it works just fine.

Hi,

Please note that og: tags is not a default WordPress feature; it is an extra markup for Facebook social networks. If you need to, you can use SEO plugins (e.g., RankMath) or tags plugins; they will extract the featured image of the request itself and put the og tag.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

hi,
I am currently using Yoast SEO plugin and it is working fine on every other type of content (Pages, Posts, Listings, Vendors).

I know that the og fields do and that is not included in Wordpress Core. Plugins like Yost Seo or SEOpress add the open graph fields by identifying the data on any page. So I am trying to say that something is wrong with the HTML markup of Requests, that prevents those plugins from finding the image and assigning the og tag to them.

We use the same API for registering the request post type (it’s a custom post type in WordPress) so it should be ok, there’s the same featured image field in the database. Please check if Yoast requires enabling some features for custom post types (usually this is the case), you can also try Rank Math instead.