Packages do not work after listing renewal

Hi. I have multiple packages. The free package offers 1 listing that expires in 1week. My aim is that after that week, the vendor needs to pay a premium package to keep the listing on the website and receive other benefits given by the premium package.

This is what happens on my site:
After 1 week, when the listing expires, and the vendor clicks on “renew listing”, the listing is sent for review, and when it is accepted, the listing looks as before (with 1 week expiration period as granted by the free package).

What should happen on my site is this:
after the Free package expiration period, when the vendor clicks on renew listing, he should be redirected to the packages page to buy a premium package to renew his listing, but this does not happen…

do you know if this can be fixed?

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

The only caching plugin that I had (Lightspeed Cache) is deactivated since a long time.

I sent an email with the details of the issue and a temporary WP login link to support@hivepress.io so that we can try to fix it.

Hi Francescopetrucci,

i was looking for a function that you just described. So, a trial for a limited period of time and after that, the user has to upgrade their package. How did you build this? Can you describe it to me in a simple way? Cant write messages here on the board, thats why i have to comment here.

Thanks a lot!
Christoph

You need to Create a Free Package and Premium packages on HivePress Settings. Then set the listing expiration period for the Free Package, and that’s it.

Unfortunately, I have an issue with this and I am trying to solve it, so I sent an email to hivepress support, hoping that they will reply soon.

1 Like

please watch this video and you will know how to do it easily: How to Make a Listing Directory and Classified Website with Wordpress FOR FREE 2022 - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you for the details. Please make sure that packages are set up correctly. If you add a free and a premium package (the free one is not linked to any product, and re-selecting free packages is disabled in settings), then after publishing, the first listing will require purchasing a premium package (if the free package limit is set to 1). Also, please check this tutorial How to add listing packages - HivePress Help Center

As far as I know, the packages are set up correctly: the free package is not linked to any product and the multiple free packages option is NOT allowed in HivePress>Settings.

I have done a second test today.

I chose an existing listing with one of my accounts that has a free package, and since the free package period is about 7 days, I changed the expiration date for that specific listing to tomorrow.

Tomorrow, when the listing will expire, I will try to renew it and see what happens.

I will let you know here.

Hi. I did the test. As I previously told you, when users renew their listing after they expire, they are not redirected to the premium packages page. Instead, when they renew their listing, they are redirected to the site homepage and on the backend, I see that the listing has been sent for an update. When I approve the update, the listing is seen as brand new from the system, and the free package period starts again.

this is a real problem since my business model is mainly based on the packages. If you could help me fix it soon I would be so glad.

I will provide below some screenshots to let you better understand the problem.

1)this is how an expired listing looks on the front end

2)This is the renew listing button

3)After “renew listing” is clicked, the vendor is redirected to the site homepage

4)This is what happens for the admin(myself):

1. after the update has been done, the listing is visible and has a new entire expiration period, the one provided by the free package.

I will copy and paste this description and provide you a temporary login link by sending you an email to support@hivepress.io, hoping to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

Francesco - HivePress user.

Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.