Payment for bookings

Fantastic theme.

I would like to purchase some extensions for my events listings website, but I’ve been trying to dig around the docs for answers to some questions.

1. Bookings and Marketplace extensions are required for booking payments? Even though I will be the only vendor (I will hide the add listing button)? Sorry, but I couldn’t find a how-to guide.

2. Is it possible to set one specific event date (non repeating) in the bookings listing calendar?

3. On the booking confirmation, it seems that a file upload custom field can be used. Is it possible to have a short video file type upload? If so, where will the file be saved? Can the location be changed, e.g. to Dropbox so that they don’t take up server space?

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks, glad you like it!

1. Yes, they are required for booking payments.

2. Unfortunately, this version has no such feature, but we plan to add it. But you can try to use the Bookings extension with it. The entire calendar is available, and you can add certain restrictions (booking offset, block dates, etc.)
    Also, you may want to use the Marketplace extension if you need only one date (you can create a custom date attribute and use it without the Bookings extension).

3. You can make a custom attachment attribute using this doc How to add listing attributes - HivePress Help Center. We recommend using CDN plugins not to store data in WP.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you Andrii

Please can you clarify about only using the Marketplace extension?

The calendar isn’t important to me. However, I would like to know if the booking process is the same with just Marketplace? E.g. a visitor clicks book event → they see a booking form to confirm details / upload a file → they go to checkout.

Hi,

No, it has different functionality. I recommend that you test it on the demo version of this theme (only the Marketplace extension is available here, without Bookings) https://taskhive.hivepress.io/.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.