Regions generated but page not found

I’ve installed the Geolocation extension using the Mapbox api. When I added a new listing it generated the regions UK > England > Greater London > London.

There are 2 problems:

1. I only want to have listings in London. I want the regions to be the London boroughs (i.e. Islington, Westminster, Wandsworth). Is there some way to do this?

Ideally, when creating a new listing, it would be great if it would show a list of regions and I could manually select one or more, as some listings cover multiple regions.

I manually added London as a top-level region and added the London boroughs as a child of London, but it doesn’t automatically add listings to these. How can I manually add listings to these?

1. When I click the View link for any region, whether automatically generated or manually entered, it leads to a “Page Not Found” error.

The automatically generated region UK > England > Greater London > London shows a count of 2 listings, and when I click on the count number it shows 2 listings in the back end. But if I click on the “View” link for London it still shows a “Page Not Found” error. How can I get this working, as I want to have a list of London boroughs on the live site that people can click to see listings in their borough?

1. Unfortunately there is no simple code snippet for this at the moment but we plan to add it in future updates

2. Please refresh the permalink structure in Settings/Permalinks (choose a structure with %postname% if the default one is selected) and check if this issue persists.

Thanks for your reply, Yevhen.

I changed the permalink structure to %postname% and the automatically generated page for UK > England > Greater London > London works now, thanks.

But it’s not useful because it just shows all posts in London, which is every listing. I’m unable to add listings to the manually created regions (boroughs). That’s great that you’ll be adding this in an update.

Yes, currently there is a pre-defined hierarchy of regions but we plan to make it customizable in future updates, so it will be possible to add districts and other region levels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.