Seasonal Pricing

I am interested in purchasing the bookings plugin, but need to have seasonal rates as a feature.

The website I’m building is a property manager for multiple vacation rentals. Each rental has different rates based on the times of the year, as well as how many guests are being booked.

Is this something we can set up in the plugin?

Currently, it’s possible if you also have the Marketplace extension installed and the day-based bookings are enabled. Please enable variable pricing in HivePress/Settings/Bookings section, then hosts can select any date ranges and set custom prices for them in the calendar.

By “day-based” bookings, do you mean “Enable Daily Bookings” as it’s specified in the plugin?

I don’t need a marketplace, though. There’s just one host. They just manage multiple listings.

Do I need to purchase that plugin just for this one feature?

Yes, in the current version the Marketplace is required for setting custom prices per selected date ranges. Without Marketplace, the Bookings extension can be used just for accepting booking requests and then paying in person or directly. The day-based bookings are enabled by default, you don’t have to change any settings for this.

Thanks.

So, I think I need some help getting this set up for our purposes. I like that the plugins give so much freedom, but I’m not sure how to get it to do what I need.

Where do prices go? And how are prices determined for a booking over a certain amount of time?

I have bought and installed the Marketplace extension, but I see no new options. Not sure what’s happened.

Please make sure that you also installed the WooCommerce plugin. Once you install Marketplace & WooCommerce, the payment options should appear (e.g. the Payouts menu item in the WordPress dashboard).

Then you can enable variable pricing in HivePress/Settings/Bookings. Hosts will be able to select a date range in the calendar, click the Price button at the top and set a custom price. If these dates are booked, this custom price will be used instead of the default one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I’ve gone through that process, but I feel like this is getting more complex. As I mentioned, the site will be for booking vacation rentals. With the addition of WooCommerce, I’m unsure where to go from here.

So as not to drag this out, is there any documentation on this?
Or can we schedule a session to help me understand how best to make this work for my use case?

As it is, I have 3 projects in waiting that need this solution.

If you have the Bookings extension, it adds the booking form to listings. If you also install Marketplace extension & WooCommerce, this will enable the booking payments automatically, WooCommerce is just used for payments so all you need to do is set up payment methods in WooCommerce/Settings/Payments (please check WooCommerce docs for this). Then the booking form will redirect users to checkout (if a price is set for a listing).

Each extension has its own docs here https://help.hivepress.io/ We’re also working on a step-by-step course for RentalHive theme (it includes setting up Bookings & Marketplace) and plan to release it next weekend.

Please try to install Bookings, Marketplace & WooCommerce, then add a new listing with a price and try to book it - there should be a redirect to Checkout after the booking details are set.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.