Social Login for Google Does Not Work Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch

Hi I use Hivepress in conjunction with the Nextend Social Login plugin. Facebook login works fine with the Hivepress Sign In screen, however Google gives the error below/

I reached out to Nextend Support, they tested the Google Login under nobinails.com/wp-login.php (regular WP login) and it works fine, but doesn’t work through the Hivepress Sign In Page at NobiNails – Việc Làm Nails.
We think it’s something wrong with the Hivepress redirect or login screen.

START ERROR
Access blocked: This app’s request is invalid

You can’t sign in because this app sent an invalid request. You can try again later, or contact the developer about this issue. Learn more about this error
If you are a developer of this app, see error details.
Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch

1 Like

Hi,

Please ensure you have specified the Redirect URL in HivePress > Settings > Users.

Hello,

I have the same problem, can you send us a screenshot so that we can see the configuration to do

Thanks

Hi,
in my case it was because I was using the old Hivepress Authentication extension which is no longer active. I upgraded to the Social Login extension, copied the Redirect URL (yourdomain.com is available for purchase - Sedo.com)

found under Settings > User > Redirect URL and pasted into the Authorized Redirect URIs field in Google Console and it works.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Indeed it works by copying the hivepress security homepage.

Thanks again for your help

hello, can you be more precise on where the hivepress security homepage is and where it should be pasted?

Hi,

You can find this Redirect URL in HivePress > Settings > Users.

You need to paste this page into your Google Apps settings, as shown in this screenshot https://community.hivepress.io/uploads/default/original/2X/b/b4795e3e6b36d86bb7ff7541357d0eb8cc829472.png

hi, ok I have done that but it still say to me this:

Access blocked: authorization error
[account gmail]
Missing required parameter: client_id Learn more about this error
If you are a developer of this app, see the details of the error.
Error 400: invalid_request

but I pasted the client_id and the client secret from Google Developer Console into Google Form in Hivepress>settings>Integration.

Also the Publication status in Google Developer Console is in production.

I created the client web in Google Developer Console this morning at about 8 am and it says that this could take from a few minutes to few hours.
Did I miss any step in the configuration or I have just to wait?

Hi,

Most likely, you have entered incorrect information.

Please check these docs How to enable Google APIs - HivePress Help Center, How to enable login methods - HivePress Help Center

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.