Uploading images/videos and Elementor integration

Hi, I have some questions on ListingsHive theme.

1/ Is there a way to limit file size when users add media ro upload for their ads? Exemple, I want to restrict file size to 10MB in size.

2/ I see we can upload video files. I do not want that. How to prevent certain video file extensions?

3/ I have not tried it yet but, does this theme compatible with Elementor? If yes, does it provide elements such as listings, categories, search with filters to use as elements?

This is a good theme. Hopefully, you will reply.

Hi,

1. Unfortunately there’s no way to require specific dimensions form users, but you can limit the max upload file size How to Increase the Max Upload Size in WordPress and change the image cropping rules in Settings/Media section (by default listing images are resized to 800x600px).

2. If you have an attachment attribute, you can choose which file types are allowed.

3. HivePress itself is 100% integrated with the native WP page builder only (Gutenberg). There’s no 100% integration with Elementor yet, but it supports HivePress blocks like Listings, Categories, etc. But we highly recommend using Gutenberg because third-party page builders load tons of scripts that affect the website performance.

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate that.

Thank you for replying.

1/ You meant, there is no way we can set an upload file size when people is uploading a media?

Regarding the Elementor, I tried it but disappointed. For example, I built a custom Sign and registration page. However, when you add a listing if you are not logged in, it redirects to the default Sign in page. I would prefer it redirects to my custom login/registration page instead. I guess, you guys much implement a feature to select custom pages over default pages. Just like membership plugins do.

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is possible to set the restriction for maximum upload file size with this instruction How to Increase the Max Upload Size in WordPress

2. Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

I set the upload file size to 1MB but I still can upload to more than that. I do not want image size more than 1mb to be uploaded.

Hi,

Usually, the hosting provider sets this limit at the server level.
WordPress also includes constants that define this limit, but they cannot override the server-level settings in most cases.

Therefore, we recommend contacting your hosting provider if changing the WordPress settings does not help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.