Switch "Post a request" and "List a service" buttons

Thanks for developing a great theme! I am using the demo ExpertHive. It is important for my visitors to easily post a request when first visiting the site. I would like to switch the two URLs of the two buttons on the right side of the header, but keep the UI interface. So where the green “List a service” button is, I would like to have the “Post a request” function instead. The same goes for the other button.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree with this! I want the exact same thing, and usually on most marketplaces the focus is on Posting a Request” rather than listing a service. It would be ideal if this can be swapped in future updates, or have the option to switch it from admin.

If adding new listings functionality is not needed on your website, please try to disable the Allow submitting new listings setting in HivePress/Settings/Listings. Then only Post a Request link will be in the header menu if you have activated the HivePress Requests extension

Or if you mean that problem is in the button name and adding listing functionality is needed on your website then please use Loco Translate to change any static text without code customizations How to translate HivePress - HivePress Help Center The texts are located in Loco Translate/Plugins/HivePress, or other sections depending on context. Make sure to select the Custom location instead of Author while adding a language file.

Hi Yevhen, thanks for the quick reply. The new listing functionality is still needed. It is not only the button name I want to change but the URL as well. Please see attached image.

If you mean switching these link/button styles (to turn the List a Service one into a link and make the Post a Request one a button) it’s possible, but this requires CSS customizations or overriding these template parts via a child theme. If you’re familiar with the theme customization basics please check this tutorial Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube

It is not truly what a mean. Let me try to rephrase it:
Please have a look at the ExpertHive press demopage: https://experthive.hivepress.io
When I click the green “List a Service” button, I would like to go to the Submit Request page (after the login process).

Thank you for your clarification

There are such possible solutions:

• overriding the file /plugins/hivepress/templates/listing/submit/listing-submit-link.php with the child theme and changing the button URL

• overriding the file /plugins/hivepress-requests/templates/request/submit/request-submit-link.php with the child theme and adding CSS classes button button--secondary to Post a Request link

Here is the tutorial on how to customize templates Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube

If you are not familiar with code customization please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fwd.cx/hLhc73mQCD9R

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.