View messages from users

Hello,

Is there a way that we, as admins, can view messages between users?

Thank you,
Andrew

Unfortunately there’s no such option at the moment, but there’s a code snippet that allows viewing separate messages in the WordPress/Comments section Showing Messages in Comments. Is This Correct? | HivePress Support

Hello,

I’ll try that later today. Do you plan on implementing this feature? It’s extremely important to be able to verify what has been said between users, especially in cases where disputes are filed. I have a couple more questions:

1. When someone files a dispute for an order, where, as an admin, is this shown and where do I handle it?

2. How do I view the files that have been sent to a user when a vendor delivers the order?

Thank you,
Andrew

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, both features (viewing the order delivery notes with attachments & monitoring messages) are planned for the next Messages & Marketplace updates. In the current version, the dispute form is similar to the report form, it just notifies the admin via email, providing the related order details.

Urgently needed as this is one of the biggest liability exposures of monetizing the platform. If the admin has to make a decision about a dispute and refund an order, it opens up the admin to some liability should there be some legal action taken by either party. Admin really needs to see messaging to make informed decisions and have the evidence at hand.

On that note, I’ve used the snippet to display messages in the Comments. Is there something that can be added to the snippet that relates the comment to the listing/post? Under the “In response to:” perhaps?

Sorry, there’s no way to view these comments as a conversation at the moment, this snippet is a workaround until the message monitoring is implemented, and we plan to release it next week max.

Awesome Ihor, thanks. You guys are doing great work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.