Write review after booking is completed

Hi there,

I am able to write a review for a booking which was cancelled. Shouldn’t it be possible after a booking is successfully completed only?

Thank you.

Hi,

Please check if the Restrict reviews to buyers feature is enabled in HivePress > Settings > Orders.

Hi Andrii, yes, it is enabled. Sorry, I did not mentioned it.

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Hi,

We checked this bug on our side, and everything seems to be working correctly.

The user can leave a review only after the order receives the processing status (that is, when it has already been paid for); in other cases, it is not possible to write a review if the Restrict reviews to buyers feature is enabled.

If the issue still exists, please provide your steps step by step so that we can reproduce the issue on our end.

Hi Andrii, thanks for checking it.

That’s what I was wondering. So, it is possible to write a review once an order was paid even though that booking was cancelled and refunded later (before the booking even started). Meaning, a guest can write a review without ever visiting host’s property.

In my opinion, writing reviews should be possible for successfully completed bookings only.

Thanks for clarifying though.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

1 Like

FYI. I’ve just found out, that it is also possible to write a review right after a guest submits a booking request.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.