Add menu item to anchor menu in Listing page and rename Details tab

Hi there!

First: I would like to add one more item to the menu item to the second position.

Is there a snippet to do just that?

Second: I would like to rename the “Details” tab to “Infos”. How can I do that?

Thank you!

1. It is possible to do with this PHP snippet but please note that it can require further customization
add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/menus/listing_manage',
	function( $menu ) {
		$menu['items']['custom_name_here'] = [
			'label'  => 'custom label here',
			'url'    => 'custom url here',
			'_order' => 123,
		];

return $menu;
	}
);
  1. Please try to use Loco Translate to change any static text without code customizations How to translate HivePress - HivePress Help Center The texts are located in Loco Translate/Plugins/HivePress, or other sections depending on context. Make sure to select the Custom location instead of Author while adding a language file.
1 Like

which file should this code snippet be inserted to?

Please use the Code Snippets plugin to add and manage custom PHP code snippets Code Snippets – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Great, thx!

But how can I customise the added section? Although a new item has been added to the menu, there isn’t an actual matching section down below on a page.

Let me know if you want to add a custom section or use an existing one (e.g. Related Listings)? If you mean a custom one, this requires code customizations Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube You can check the sample snippets here Search · user:hivepress hivepress/v1/templates · GitHub

You can then add a custom ID to the section container to link to it using an anchor.

How can I add a custom ID to the section container? Whenever I try to edit sections on individual listing, it takes me to the classic editor page (see screenshot).

Unfortunately there’s no simple code snippet for such customization, if you’re familiar with customizations please try following this tutorial Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube The easiest way would be:

• Insert the anchor link to the listing_manage menu
  • Customize the listing_view_page template to output the custom section with the anchor ID that you want to add
  • Make sure that the section outputs the required content (e.g. output a custom listing attribute value if this section should output some text)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.