Add multiple select category

Hello,
When I choose my categories in the “listing” page or “request” page, it doesn’t work and I get a critical error, as shown below.

This is the URL of the issue: https://molnee.com/?_sort=&s=&post_type=hp_listing&latitude=&longitude=&_category[]=0&_category[]=1647&location=&goingto=Koh+Samui&date=&price[]=&price[]=

Do you know how to fix this error? Thank you very much.

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users. Also, if the error persists, I recommend that you check your PHP logs, there will be more detailed information there How to configure WordPress error logs to identify and resolve problems - HivePress Help Center

I believe this will be useful to you.

Thx for the advice.

I have something like this. I download the plugin Error Log Monitor and it show me that.
How I can solve it?

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: trim(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/fields/class-text.php:175

Stack Trace

1. trim(Array)/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/fields/class-text.php:175
2. HivePress\Fields\Text->normalize()/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/fields/class-field.php:382
3. HivePress\Fields\Field->set_value(Array)/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/forms/class-form.php:332
4. HivePress\Forms\Form->set_value(‘_category’, Array)/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/forms/class-form.php:317
5. HivePress\Forms\Form->set_values(Array)/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/components/class-attribute.php:1724
6. HivePress\Components\Attribute->set_search_query(Object(WP_Query))/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:324
7. WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:348
8. WP_Hook->do_action(Array)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/plugin.php:565
9. do_action_ref_array(‘pre_get_posts’, Array)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:1881
10. WP_Query->get_posts()/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:3824
11. WP_Query->query(Array)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp.php:696
12. WP->query_posts()/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/class-wp.php:816
13. WP->main(‘’)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-includes/functions.php:1336
14. wp()/wordpress/core/6.4.2/wp-blog-header.php:16
15. require(‘/wordpress/core…’)/wordpress/core/6.4.2/index.php:17
16. {main}
thrown in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hivepress/includes/fields/class-text.php on line 175

I’ve found the error, it’s a php code to make category filtering nicer.
I need this code for select more than 1 category.
Can you please help me fix these 2 codes? Thank you very much.

Listings page

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_filter',
	function( $form_args, $form ) {

if(isset($form_args['fields']['_category'])){
			$form_args['fields']['_category'] = array_merge(
				$form_args['fields']['_category'],
				[
					'label' => 'Categories',
					'type' => 'select',
                    'multiple' => true, 
				]
			);
		}

return $form_args;
	},
);

Requests page

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/request_filter',

[
					'label' => 'Categories',
					'type' => 'select',
                    'multiple' => true, 
				]
			);
		}

return $form_args;
	},
);

Ok I found the conversation: How to change categories field type in the filtrable zone and you are suggesting to use this snippet code.

But i have trouble with the click (working but not well on mac), any solution for using with multiple choice. Thx a lot

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_filter',

[
					'label' => 'Categories',
					'type' => 'select',
				]
			);
		}

return $form_args;
	},
);

Hi,

I see. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to make a multiple filter by category since categories are essentially used as listing types. As a workaround, we recommend using select multiple attributes and using categories for other purposes.

Thank Andrii, I get it! Thx again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.