Add sidebar areas for widgets

Hi there. Is there any quick way to activate WordPress widgets and sidebar on mentioned pages? It does not really work when I try to do, so I assume that code snippet is necessary to add a sidebar to theme.php.
Thanks in advance for your help and any suggestions.
Best

Hi,
If you use a third-party theme with HivePress, it’s possible but requires a code snippet. Please check the snippet suggested here Widget Support in a 3rd Party Theme

Thank you very much. I give it a try. Much appreciated. Best

I was able to register the custom widget but it still does not show on listing experts or request pages. Any idea why. I use these on 3rd party theme. Thanks

Please try this code snippet to register a sidebar for the single listing page Widget Support in a 3rd Party Theme You can check if it works by checking if the Listing Sidebar area appeared in the Appearance/Widgets section. Then it’ll display any listings you add on the single listing page. Similarly, you can register other sidebars.

It does work. Thank you very much. Is there any way to add another sidebar this time on the right side of hp-page__content. There is one on the left hand side hp-page__sidebar but I would like to add a custom sidebar to mentioned hp-page__content. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
Best.

Unfortunately there’s no simple code snippet for this, if you mean adding the second sidebar on the same page. If this is the Listings page you can also re-build it completely and add custom content anywhere using the Templates feature Overview | HivePress Templates - YouTube

Thank you for your help. I tried to add a sidebar using Templates feature but for some reason I cant do this. Listing Template allows to add Widget block, however, I cant display a sidebar with it. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

As far as I know the WordPress block editor doesn’t have a block for inserting widgets, and widgets work as a fallback to the old static templates previously used in WordPress themes. If you re-built a template, please use the Columns block to add a custom column, then you can insert any of the available blocks there to use it like a sidebar area.

Thank you for your help. Best.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.