Add sold button

Good evening.

I would like to see if it’s possible to make it so that an item can only have a quantity of (1), and after it’s sold don’t remove it, but instead change the Buy Now button to SOLD and make it either unclickable? Or make it link to the product details?

Thank you,
James

I found this, but it only does part of the job I am looking for:

Thank you,
James

Hi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation. Please check the sample solution in this topic How can you mark a listing as sold? - #13 by andrii

Thank you.

So, I am also using another code snippet you guys had provided which hides the quantity field, and also sets the default quantity to 1. The issue I am facing now is that when this happens, and the product is sold it is no longer displaying on the frontend.

Is it possible to show the product even though it’s no longer available?

Thank you,
James

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible, but there’s no simple PHP or CSS snippet for this, it will require detailed customization.

Thanks @andrii

The issue though is that now that the item is set to quantity 1 by default when it is sold, it is removed from the list. I understand this is probably normal behavior, but I am wondering if it’s possible to instead continue to display the item? I can probably work out the button text change based on the quantity available.

James

Hi,

Yes, this is expected behavior. Such changes are possible, but as I mentioned in previous messages, it will require a custom implementation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.