After changing from Mapbox not Google maps, results are not coming from google maps, What's going on?

Hi,

I changed to Google Maps from Mapbox, because it had too many imprecisions to the point that is misleading and wrong.

I see the box that is powered by Google Maps like the image shows, but actually all the results I am getting are definitely from Map Box as I am getting the same imprecisions.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 7.40.41 AM

Is this a bug?

In this example, Puerto Plata is a province of Dominican Republic. Not a place in Santo Domingo, there is no Calle (street) Puerto Plata in Google Maps. What’s going on here?

Thank you.

Hi,

Please ensure you have configured Google Maps correctly; you can check this doc: How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center. Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Please note that we receive this data through the API depending on which map is selected, so we do not manage this data, it all depends on Google Maps or MapBox.

Thank you andrii, as you can see in the picture it says “Powered By Google“, except it’s not.

I followed the instructions in the YouTube video. But the results in the selection box seems to be coming from mapbox or whatever was by default.

I really don’t understand what’s going on.

Caching is not on for any user or non-user, and I tried disabling all plugins. Same behavior :s

Everything seems to be set up to google maps. Even location click redirects to google map. However the information that retrieves from that box its definitely not coming from google maps even though it says “powered by google“.

I tried copying the addresses directly from google maps but then it doesn’t work when clicking the location button.

Another thing to note, is that I started using mapbox and I had to leave it for the exact imprecision it was showing on everything. I believe it stayed with map box.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 7.40.41 AM
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.36.05 PM
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.36.17 PM

blaming the plugins doesn’t work for me. Please if you may, direct me to the files where I can confirm code wise this is reading from Google Maps and not map box. I beg.

Hi,

This is 100% data from Google Maps, because you have Google Maps turned on, the key is specified, and it says powered by Google. If this data was from MapBox, it would say Powered by MapBox.

Hi Andrii, that’s what I believed too, but it’s not google maps.

When I hit the saved information this happens:

1. google maps finds invalid location data
  2. some locations are utterly not reflecting google maps data, like Puerto Plata, its redirected back to a place in Santo Domingo, except Puerto Plata… (which is why I changed from Map Box)

So, in theory, me and you believe the same thing it must be Google Maps, but in practice something else is happening (even with no plugin activated).

You can keep answering in regards to theory, but I am 100% sure the results in that box are not from google maps.

Is there a way to pay for troubleshooting? I find 500USD too expensive just to look into what’s going on in hivepress settings.

Hi,

Two options can cause this issue:

1. In your settings, MapBox is selected as the provider.

2. Cache, customization, or third-party plugins.

Therefore, we recommend checking everything in more detail.

Well, we already went through those options you provided.

Please do not mark it as solved as it is not… I need to solve this issue, is there a way to pay for troubleshooting? Thank you.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can’t provide more details, as everything is working on our side, and there are no other similar customer feedbacks. These two options always solve similar issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.