Allow users to delete messages

hi, I tried to create 2 users, and to send internal messages between them. Everything ok, the system works, even the email alert. But the point is this: how can a user delete messages after reading them? Thanks for your help.

There’s no such option at the moment, but thanks - I changed this topic title into a feature request and we’ll consider adding it. Please describe the use-case for this, this may help to understand why this feature is required. In some cases it may cause fraud, e.g. if user promised something prior to the purchase and then deleted their message.

if the user has promised something before the purchase and has sent the message, this message cannot delete it in the account of the recipient, I said to delete the messages that arrive in the account, which are no longer needed. Try to imagine if 100 people write to you, you will have a page full of messages and the ones you don’t need will be frustrating not being able to delete them. I think this is an important function of deleting a message from the account.

2 Likes

Do you mean allowing the sender or recipient to delete the message? It doesn’t seem to make much sense for the recipient because messages are separated by conversations already (and most recent conversations always appear at the top, so the old ones will move to the bottom as more conversations start), but we’ll consider adding an option for the recipient to delete the conversation - thanks.

2 Likes

hello I noticed that a user cannot delete his internal messages when he has finished the conversation. Can you solve this problem? A user must have this option if he no longer needs that internal message. The inbox gets too full if you receive many messages (and as if we won’t be able to delete those we don’t need in our incoming emails). Important. thank you and I hope you will.

1 Like

hello, did you do something for this option?

it’s been a year and you may not have the ability to delete the messages you receive. If you can give an importance to this option I thank you for your help. sorry for my translation but i’m using google translate.
thanks for your intervention

It’s not available in Messages yet, but thanks for your feedback, we’ll try to add it as soon as possible. If it’s urgent you can also consider ordering it as a custom work & sharing it with the community, sponsoring the open-source development this way.

Thank you for your answer. I had to deactivate the Plugin because it was being used to send SPAM. Even if they can be monitored (but only after they have been sent) my users complained of SPAM and so before losing my users I thought of deactivating the Plugin. A plugin like this is not good, the site administrator must protect his users from SPAM. Here there is no way to intervene before sending the message.
Dovresti aggiungere in HivePress > Impostazioni > Messaggi > approva manualmente messaggi - come è in recensioni -

1 Like

Hi,

If you mean that you receive a lot of spam, we recommend setting up a reCaptcha; you can check this doc How to enable Google reCaptcha - HivePress Help Center. Also, you can monitor or block messages; please check this doc How to block or monitor messages - HivePress Help Center

Unfortunately, we do not plan to release the pre-monitoring feature yet.

It’s not me getting SPAM. They are the vendor users who receive SPAM through the “reply to the advertisement” button.

Thanks for the advice for the moment I have activated reCaptcha - on the send message form, I hope you can give us the opportunity to check messages before they are sent as it is in reviews, so that they go to Wordpress Comments and can be deleted unsuitable ones, before being sent as SPAM. Thanks if you will.

hi ihor, more than a year has passed since the first request, can we have this implementation to delete messages? Thank you for your answer.

I’m sorry for the late reply. We’re assembling a common roadmap for all the extensions this week to make the development process more predictable. This feature is already approved so it will be included in the upcoming Messages updates.