Allow users to make appointments with a specific time

When a user is set to be able to book by the hour, they are not free to make a booking at a specific time.

For example, you set the opening hours to 10:00-20:00, the ‘Booking slot Duration’ to 2 hours and the ‘Booking Slot Interval’ to 1 hour. Then only 10:00-12:00, 13:00-15:00 and 16:00-18:00 can be booked; it cannot be 12:00-14:00 or take up to two slots 12:00-16:00.

The current system is great for use in a vendor-led, seminar or workshop booking system, but may be difficult to use when creating a user-led booking system.

When the business hours are 10:00-20:00 and the ‘Booking Slot Interval’ is set to 1 hour, it is possible to set a minimum booking time (this time set to 2 hours) and a maximum booking time (this time set to 3 hours), for example, if user A makes a booking from 12:00-15:00 If user B wants to make an appointment as soon as possible, he/she can make an appointment one hour later at 16:00-18:00 or 16:00-19:00. This would also make it easier to use the system.

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, we’ll consider adding an option to allow customers to select a specific time instead of choosing a pre-defined time slot.

2 Likes

Something similar happens to me, I would like to allow the user to place the time they want to make the check in and the time they want to make the check out on the date field, when can we have this feature?

Hi,
If you want to allow the user to place the time, you can add the Bookings attribute (Field Type - Time).
Please check the tutorial - How to add booking attributes - HivePress Help Center

I was doing the same configuration with the attribute and it is not shown on the details screen, my theme is Rentalhive

Hi,
Please make sure, that you create an attribute in Bookings > Attributes.
Also, please check if this attribute assigns to some category. If yes - cancel the assignment to the category and click Update.

If this issue persists, please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org