Are Messages only Available to Registered/Logged in Members?

I have enabled messages on my website. Am I right to assume that messages are only accessible to people that have a paid listing or membership.

If it isn’t is there a way that we can restrict messaging only to people that have logged in?

It’s difficult for me to test this at the moment as we are behind a website coming soon page which is only accessible to people that are logged in.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

Messages are available to all users who have registered or logged in. You can restrict the Messages by using the Memberships - Charge users for viewing listings | HivePress Extensions

​I hope this is helpful to you.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

Thanks for the quick reply. If we created a free membership so people could post, could the messages be restricted for the free membership only?

Hi,

Yes, please check these docs: How to add membership plans - HivePress Help Center, How to set membership restrictions - HivePress Help Center

Aha found where to check the accept messages box. Thank you

The restrictions bit isn’t that straightforward. From what I understand the free membership gets redirected to the pricing page. Is that correct?

Also I don’t get the restrictions under Settings > membership > restrictions

Hi,

If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.