Calendars not syncing where the external calendar timezone is not set to City

Hi,
Vendor calendars are not syncing with rental hive if the external calendar is set to a timezeone like GMT. It only works when it is set to a City e.g. London

Steps to reproduce

1. Set these setting for availability
  2. Create an external calendar with some slots set to busy and set the calendar setting to GMT
  3. Create a vendor and insert the external ical link

Actual result

The external events are not imported

Expected result

The external events are imported

Extra details

Thanks
Andrew

Hi,

We checked this issue from our side, and it seems okay. Please provide more details regarding this issue (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us to reproduce and resolve the issue faster. Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

P.S. If you purchased a theme or extension, please enter the license key in the forum profile settings, this will enable the Premium Support badge and ensure a 24-hour turnaround time.

Screenshot by Lightshot here is a screenshot of the logs. The calendar doesn’t like the timezone format

Also how do I message you privately so I can send you the actual ical link we are using?

Hi,

Please send a ical link to our email support@hivepress.io, we will check it in more detail.

Hi,

We received your link and checked it out in more detail. Most likely, your calendar describes the external timezone in the wrong format, this format is not accepted in PHP (what WordPress is made on). Therefore, I recommend that you check in your third-party calendar whether there is an option to change the timezone since it is now GMT Standard Time and should be UTC, for example. Here you can see the list of allowed ones: PHP Timezones

The calendar is set to UTC and not GMT. Are you sure the ical link is giving non UTC data?

Hi,

Thus, when clicking on a link, the GMT zone was displayed. Please try testing with another time zone, or another calendar, if possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.