Can we use the block editor to create our listing-detail -page edit layout, add blocks & styling etc?

Hi,

We’re evaluating Hivepress - so far it looks great, especially how it uses the WordPress block-editor for customisation.

I found this video which shows very clearly how to edit a Listings list-view from the ground up using the block editor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKVBSKxhIo

Is it the same process for designing a listing’s detail page? i.e; the page that a user reaches after they click on an individual listing. Can we use the block editor to create our listing-detail -page edit layout, add blocks & styling etc?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

You can use the Block Editor only to edit blocks and text between blocks. For styles and other customizations, you can use PHP\CSS snippets or override template parts with a child theme; please check these docs: How to add custom code snippets - HivePress Help Center, How to override template parts - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks. Very helpful, but really disappointing.

The single most important part of any listing system - the listing detail page where we need to convey all aspects of each service to help a visitor make their purchasing decisions, and we need to dive into PHP & CSS? Why can’t the listing detail page be edited & styled with the block editor?

Such a shame.

1 Like

Agree. There has to be a way where it can replicate Airbnb style/format

Hi,

Unfortunately, no, there is no such possibility, the styling is changed exclusively using CSS or PHP snippets.