Change image cropping position

When I upload a listing image, the image is being weirdly cropped from the center. I have adjusted the settings>media>Landscape large to crop at the top, but it still produces the same result even after using the thumbnail regeneration plugin.

I was advised by support that his may also be due to caching, and to try uploading a different image (or at least with a different file name), which didn’t work. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Example:

When I upload photo 1

it shows on the listing like photo 2

I would like it to show like photo 3

Hi,

Please try to test another image after you’ve changed the cropping position setting (most likely, the previous image was cached).

I have already done this and it still doesn’t work. Is there a workaround or something for this? The listing photos look very unorganized

Hi,

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

Hi,

​Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Are you able to provide a timeline on this?

Is there a workaround for this that I can use?

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no temporary solution yet, but we will try to fix this bug by the end of this month.

Hi, we are about to go live with our site and are experience the same issue. As we are now in July are you able to provide an update on timelines?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, we’re already working on a new HivePress version so it should be available within 1-2 weeks max.

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

Sorry for the delay, we plan to release a fix for this next week.

1 Like

Hello, still waiting for an update on this issue.

If it’s urgent, please send a temporary WP access link Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org via email support@hivepress.io and we’ll make a temporary fix before the official release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.