Create a page showing all Vendors

How can I create a “main page” for Vendors, showing a list or grid of all Vendors available? Ideally I would like to use Elementor to build the page.
The Vendor ‘block’ / ‘widget’ can only display a fixed amount of Vendors. I need something more flexible/dynamic.

I also need help on how I can customise the individual Vendor page - to add and move things around.

I am not a wordpress expert / developer but can follow instructions well. I am willing to pay if there are available plugins that would make these type of customisations easier.

The Vendors page is an integrated option in Hivepress on the top menu I think it should be a “vendors” button, as I know this display every vendors, if you set show vendors in the hivepress menu. It will display the amount of you set show 5-10 or any numbers of vendor on that page, if you have more, it creating more pages automatically. But if you want to make a custom page, it can be created from wordpress->pages->add new. using the block editor you can do near to anything.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I did not get a default Vendors page when I install the HivePress and ListingHive theme. I also do not have a “vendors” button on the top menu.

From the HivePress plugin settings I can see that I can point the Vendors page to an existing wordpress page - but the theme only provided the following pages by default: Blog, Home, Listings, Privacy Policy.

I did attempt to create my own Vendors page - but the problem I have is that when I use the Vendor ‘widget’ (block), I have to hard-code how many columns and number of vendors to show. When the page is displayed, if I set the number to show as 6, that is the total amount of Vendors that are displayed - I do not get any pagination controls to view more, that would be great.

On the other hand, when I use the “Vendor Search Form” widget, the search results page is quite similar to what I am after for the “Vendors’ page”. How can I create an actual ‘page’ with similar layout?

Hi,

Please go to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Menus > Custom Links > enter the link to the vendor page in the URL, e.g. Vendors – ListingHive and Link Text > and add for example, in the Header, then you will have a menu item that will take you to the vendor page.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, but my problem is that I do not have an existing Vendor’s page. I am trying to create one but the HivePress widget for the Vendor is very limited - I can only set a fixed amount of vendors to show

Hi,

Please note that you don’t need to create a vendor page in WP Dashboard > Pages, as this page is always available at www.yoursite.com/vendor. Therefore, you can simply specify this link in the item menu, and you will be automatically redirected to the vendor page.

1 Like

Thanks andrii, but how can I customise this page [www.yoursite.com/vendor] ?

Hi,

Please navigate to HivePress > Templates and when you edit the template, select Vendors, then you can override a new template, please check this doc How to customize templates - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

1 Like

Dear Andrii thanks again for your support, much appreciated - but the problem I have is that my default installation of HivePress (ListingHive template), does not come with any templates under HivePress > Templates. All I have is an empty list, so I do not know where to start :-/

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately, this version does not display the default templates, but we will try to expand this functionality in future updates. You just need to create the tempo you need from the beginning by selecting certain blocks, please check this doc How to customize templates - HivePress Help Center

1 Like

YES! Thanks for the video. This is very much what I need! HivePress for Idiots Guide :smiley: Thank you so much Andrii for your perseverance and continued support! Much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.